14HIM (and 1 fox :fox_face:) assembled at Preservation Park for a dreary and gloomy trail run. Even without a visible sunrise the scenery and beautiful landscapes never disappoint.
@Chowdah, @Sully, @Blackout, @ToeJam, @Tijuana, @oscar Meyer, @opie, @Joey Freshwater, @Jalisco, @Procter, @Soul Glo, @Thin Mint, @Mulligan, & YHC @Peewee
We did a few minutes of stretching before getting to the THANG.
THANG: We ran :grinning:. 20 minutes out, then turned around and ran back. @Procter spotted a fox, so we detoured for a minute to check it out.
@Jalisco travel to Arkansas to in-laws
@Tijuana coworker who had a stroke is going back to work today!
@Sully wife – health – removing gall bladder on the horizon
@Baby Gap and his fam while he is in TX serving our country – sign up for meal train!
The importance of COT and cofeeteria for our 2nd f time.
Reasons why sharing with each other is important:
1. It’s easier to carry a heavy load when you aren’t doing it alone
2. You may have just the right experience/wisdom that somebody else desperately needs. Share your victories and how you have overcome obstacles by the help of God and others
3. Share a current struggle, the person hearing it or reading about has the opportunity to reach out to you to offer a hand or a listening ear.
4. Others want to help, but need to know how. Allow them to serve
5. Taking the initiative to share only encourages more sharing and gives others the confidence to share themselves
6. Sometimes it can be so freeing to get something out in the open that’s been weighing you down. It can free you up to move forward
A little about me:
I struggle with pride, I’m self absorbed and not as aware of others as I would like to be. I suck at relationships/communicating with people. It’s hard for me to get out of my own head most of the time. This comes into play with my prayer life, as I struggle with allowing myself to be still long enough to pray for any length of time. I read the Bible a lot, but I don’t pray as often as I should. That’s something I’d appreciate some accountability with.
I grew up in a pretty strict conservative church denomination (which I am no longer a part of) , which has been the source of a lot of heartache and broken relationships in my past. I’m a faithful (trying my best, anyway) Christian still, but leaving my former church background about 15 years ago left me on somewhat of an island with my family and former friends. I love Jesus, and I love talking about the Bible and about Jesus with anybody, anytime.
If any of that is something you relate to, come find me and let’s chat sometime.
“Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
Galatians 6:1-2 ESV
“Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.”
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 ESV
Call to action: do one of the following:
1. Share something specific God and/or others have helped you through
2. Share a struggle you are currently experiencing