1. Unbroken no kipping pull-ups
2. Crunches – max in 2 minutes
3. 3 mile run
After a few SSH and squats, and a couple of brief demonstrations, we got after it.
And the HIM with the highest score, and only one to achieve a FIRST CLASS test score, was :rotating_light: :rotating_light: @Chowdah :rotating_light: :rotating_light: Congrats man, and RESPECT!
Congrats to @Cousin Eddie (FNG Mike) for the most pull-ups at 24, @Tiny Dancer for the most crunches at 101, and @2Buck for the fastest 3 mile at 19:50. OohRah!!
@Fertile Myrtle was most improved since January, beating his pull ups and crunches, and shaving OVER 10 MINUTES off his 3 mile time!
Also want to give a shout out to all the guys that gave it a shot today, knowing they might fall short. A true sign of a HIM. Most of you were so close (it’s slightly scaled for age – so maybe you just need to be older!) and just short on one exercise, so focus on that and come back in December to knock it out, then we can all celebrate your acceleration!
– 5k training starts tomorrow at #uprising. Come out tomorrow to set your baseline.
– July 10th the new AO in Columbia starts up. Be praying for this movement into Columbia. Join the #darkhorse channel for more info, and make sure you reach out to people you know in Columbia and invite them.
@Sol Surfer. Prayers as he is battling many jesters/demons right now.
@Soul Glo – safe travels/flight for his brother’s family
@2Buck. Trip coming up to see his side of the family. Pray that some bridges can be mended in those relationships.
@Tiny Dancer’s M friend Gray. He has a wife and kids and is deep into addiction.
Found a great list of 25 things we can be doing as husbands in our home to be a “Jesus-like husband” (from a Harpeth Church/Bobby Harrington newsletter). Challenged the PAX to pick one of these that is a struggle for them and to focus and pray on it this week.
1. The Jesus-like husband keeps leading and initiating, even when it doesn’t go well.
2. The Jesus-like husband stays alert to the “blessing-flow” within the family.
3. The Jesus-like husband accepts spiritual responsibility for his family by personally committing to his own spiritual growth and by investing in the growth of his family.
4. The Jesus-like husband is willing to say “I’m sorry” and “Forgive Me” to his family.
5. The Jesus-like husband lets his wife and children into the interior of his life.
6. The Jesus-like husband seeks to understand his wife and interacts out of that understanding.
7. The Jesus-like husband includes his wife in envisioning the future.
8. The Jesus-like husband frequently tells his wife what he likes about her and praises her often in public.
9. The Jesus-like husband prays with and for his wife on a regular basis.
10. The Jesus-like husband encourages his wife to grow as an individual and ensures time for his wife to pursue her own personal interests.
11. The Jesus-like husband discusses household responsibilities with his wife and makes sure they are reasonably distributed.
12. The Jesus-like husband provides financially for his family’s basic living expenses and consults his wife on all major financial decisions.
13. The Jesus-like husband keeps his family financially sound and out of harmful debt.
14. The Jesus-like husband makes sure he and his wife have drawn up a will and arranged a well conceived plan for their children in case of death.
15. The Jesus-like husband follows through with commitments he has made to his wife and family.
16. The Jesus-like husband anticipates the different stages his marriage and his children will pass through.
17. The Jesus-like husband manages the schedule of the home and anticipates any pressure points.
18. The Jesus-like husband deals with distractions so he can talk with his wife and family.
19. The Jesus-like husband initiates meaningful family traditions and regular fun family outings.
20. The Jesus-like husband takes the lead in establishing with his wife sound, biblically supportable family values.
21. The Jesus-like husband takes the time to give his children practical instruction about life, which in turn gives them confidence with their peers.
22. The Jesus-like husband explains sex to each child in a way that gives them a wholesome perspective.
23. The Jesus-like husband joins a discipling group of men who are dedicated to improving their skills as disciples, husbands, and fathers.
24. The Jesus-like husband asks for help when he or his family is floundering.
25. The Jesus-like husband keeps starting over.
A pleasure to lead you men this morning.